Today I have a different kind of post for you. I have been tagged by two lovely bloggers recently and now I finally have the time to do it. Jacqui from The Scholarly Nail tagged me with the "11 Questions About Me" tag and Marisa from Polish Obsession nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. The rules for the 11 Questions Tag are:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus add eleven questions for the people you have tagged to answer
3. Choose eleven people and link them in your tag
4. Go to their page and tell them
5. No tag backs
6. You legitimately have to tag
And for the Lovely Blog Award:
Link back to the person you got it from
Tell seven things about yourself
Give the award to ten bloggers
Since both are similar, I decided to do them both together. So if you want to know more about the person behind My Polish Stash read on after the jump!
7 or 11 things about myself:
- I've always liked nail polish since I was a teenager but my real obsession just began in early 2011.
- In the past year I have bought aroung 350 polishes - thats almost 1 bottle a day *whoops*
- My favorite TV shows are LOST, the X-Files and The Vampire Diaries.
- I am in my late 20s.
- I would like to get a tattoo, just haven't figured out where to place it... and I am a bit scared of the pain ;)
- I mainly listen to metal music. My favorite bands are Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, Amon Amarth, Immortal and Hypocrisy. Well, I guess most of you haven't heard of those bands before, haha.
- My favorite readings are fantasy books. I wish I had more time for a good book at the moment.
- If I don't blog or paint my nails I work in a laboratory as a biologist and hopefully will be awarded my PhD by the end of this year.
- I love to travel and I'll be going to New York City in the middle of April - this will be my first trip overseas!
- I'm half Dutch and I still love to visit the Netherlands - especially for the food ;)
- I used to play the guitar and really regret stopo taking lessons due to lack of time.
Here are Jacqui's questions:
- In the age of blogs, do you still subscribe to magazines, and if so which ones? I haven't subscribed to a mag recently but there are some I buy frequently.
- Cat person? Dog person? Other? Definitely a cat person!
- Do you travel a lot? What are your favorite places you have traveled to? I travel at least once a year. My favorite places would be London and Paris so far but I really like going everywhere.
- Does your significant other support your beauty habit? Let's just say he had to get used to it ;)
- What is your favorite movie? All Tim Burton movies, cannot pick one.
- Mac or PC? PC, would consider getting a Mac if they weren't that pricey here.
- Where's your favorite place to shop? That would be a drugstore or a perfumery, lol. But actually I buy a lot of stuff online and at the moment I love to shop at Etsy ;)
- What nail polish brand would you choose over all others? That's a tough one! Maybe China Glaze? So many great polishes out there!
- What is the beauty product you can't live without? mineral powder for my oily skin!
- What brand of cosmetics would you buy more of, if money was no object? Urban Decay or MAC.
- What is your favorite green polish? That has to be A-England Dragon at the moment.
For the 11 Questions Tag I'll stick with the questions from Jacqui and I nominate the following bloggers. I'd say you can choose either of those two tags - or maybe you want to do them both?!
Danny from Polish Chest
Crystal from CrystalsCrazyCombos
Fingers from FingersPolishMania
Esther from FabFingertips
Susy from SusyInColor
Jen at the Nail Polish Project
Gnoma at Polishically Uncorrect
Bridget at PolishOhMy
I hope you liked this little peek into my life!
Happy tagging and thanks for reading!