This week has all been about the soccer (or football) worldcup - at least in my part of the world, where this sport is very popular. I am not a huge fan of it, but I like to watch it during the most important events. Whenever Germany plays, we meet with friends to watch the game - just like last night, where Germany was opposing Ghana. I didn't have time to paint my nails accordingly, so I tried something different and went with a Germany eye make up. For more (nail polish) things I've been up to this past week, click 'read more' :)
I put myself on a no-buy... until I found the Essie Too Taboo collection in my local drugstore. They looked so pretty side by side, I just had to get them all (even though they're not neon ;) ).
Went book shopping: I saw The Baking Book at Harrod's in London, but I didn't buy it because I didn't want to travel home with it. I bought the 1001 Little Skincare Miracles instead. And I finally got my hands on 500 Nail Designs that I cannot wait to browse through. And just because I need to know what all the fuss is about, I also got The Fault In Our Stars.
While food-shopping in the Netherlands I came across this chocolate. It is Belgian milk chocolate with salted caramel bits - sooo good!
OPI has me confused with their Coca Cola collection. I recently received the silver polish from their German PR company and was wondering why it was called Turn On The Haute Light instead of My Signature is DC. That's maybe because nobody here calls is Diet Coke, we rather say Coca Cola light. So a name with Light in it would be more appropriate. The color seems to be exactly the same though.
I got confused even more when I saw the press release that came with it. The orange is called Orange You Stylish and is a creme polish rather than a glitter. What the heck?! Here, I also don't get the name. In the US this one is called Orange You Fantastic, which makes more sense to me, as this one is inspired by Fanta Orange. If anyone knows why there are different Fanta shades in the US and Europe, please fill me in!
Blog posts worth checking out this week:
- Sally Hansen rocked the boat with their change in color and formula of the beloved Pacific Blue. It seems like they are reacting to all the tweets, posts and emails. Fingers crossed they'll keep the original version!
- There are quite a few shades of the new RBL Anatomy of a #kDrama collection that I like (Cue The Montage, Not Your Baby, Burn The Evidence)
- If you are interested in the 500 Nail Designs Book by The Nail Network, check out this review!
- There is an affordable dupe for the Naked 3 palette!
- The new Lorac Pro Palette 2 already tempts me. Must.Resist!
Wishing you all a lovely day and thanks for stopping by!